From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xnet db deploy

There seems to be limited documentation on deploying a CAN database. I'm not using RT so I don't need/want to connect across a network as is suggested.

Does the .dbc file get added to the \data directory?

Here's the only info I've been able to find.

source: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/12375/en/

Deploying Databases

When you create an NI-XNET application for LabVIEW RT, you must assign an alias to your database file. When you deploy to the RT target, the text database file is compressed to an optimized binary format, and that binary file is transferred to the target. When you create NI-XNET sessions using a LabVIEW project, you assign the alias within
the session dialog (for example, Browse for Database File). When you drag the session to a VI under the RT target, then run that VI, NI-XNET automatically deploys the database file to the target.

When you create NI-XNET sessions at run time, you must explicitly deploy the database to the RT target. There are two options for this deployment:

• XNET I/O Names: If you are using I/O names for database objects, you can click on an I/O name and select Manage Database Deployment. This opens a dialog you can use to assign new aliases and deploy them to the RT target.
  • File Management Subpalette VIs: To manage database deployment from a VI running on the host (Windows computer), use VIs in the NI-XNET File Management palette. This palette includes VIs to add an alias and deploy the database to the RT target. To delete the database file from the RT target after execution of a test, you perform this undeploy using either option described above.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,008 Views)

And the answer was in the software manual on page 4-538, neatly written up in a 1200 page document....can`t something as simple and necessary be added to an example?

For the distributable, the alias needs to be set.

Please kudo this feature request:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/XNET-database-deploy/idi-p/3062928

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,988 Views)