Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xnet change signal default value

Hello,

I let a schedule table run on a PCI-8516. I want to change specific signal values during run, and I don't know, which would be the best solution.

The changed signal value has to be sent until I programmatically change it again. And, changing the value of another signal in the Frame should not change the other signal which I wrote previously.

Following things I tried:

1. Creating a Frame Out Single Point Session, upon change of a signal change the entire payload of the frame. Here my problem is that I can't write only one specific frame, but I have to write all the frames in the schedule table.

2. Creating a Signal Out Single Point Session, upon change of a signal value call the XNET Write.VI Signal Single-point instance, and write all the signals (array of double), with the changed value on the right array element. With this solution I have to keep track on all changed I do on the signals programmatically. Is it possible to change the default value (through the property node of the signal) of a signal? I tried to do it, but the next time I read this property node, the value seems unchanged. I just read the original default value from the LDF, without reloading the LDF.

Any help is appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,405 Views)

Dear Madottati,

Could you please post the LV-Code what you are exactly trying to do.

Kind Regards,

Oleg| Applications Engineering | National Instruments | NIG |

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,360 Views)