Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

troubless in lin network using usb-8476

Hello Dirk,

I have a new problem with LIN now. As I mentioned, I am acquiring data from a LIN 2.0 slave. As my luck would have it, I now have to send data to a LIN 1.3 slave in the same network using the same USB 8476 as master. I cannot change the checksum attribte at run time. Is there another way of doing this? Also, I am simply connecting the LIN pins of both slaves to the LIN pin of the 8476. Is this correct?? 

Regards,

Shailesh.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(8,048 Views)

Figured it out too. I stop the CAN communication and set the Checksum attribute as necessary and rstart the communication. The loop seems to work fine and given the fact that I read 2 frames with 8 bytes each and write one with 4, the loop is still pretty fast and does it all in less than 30ms.

This seems to be a far easier approach as compared to using the LIN Starter Kit which worked fine for writing to a slave but I guess this combination of two slaves would have been merely impossibe to do with it. Also, debuggng is very easy. When i last tried t debug an application that used the LIN starter kit, it would open atleast 20 other VIs. Pheeeewwwww.

If someone is interested to collaborate, we could write another library with very basic functions  for LIN communication. Of course, if the LSK is working well for others then it wont be necessary 🙂

Regards,

Shailesh.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(8,041 Views)

Hello Friend,

I am having a similar problem which u have faced. Can you please help me in getting solved out my issue.

I am using USB 8476s LIN bus to communicate with slave(a switching device) using LIN Master send header frame respond and  Recieve vi from the example one Using LabVIEV 7.1. i have to use 0x3C for request and 0x3D for respond. 

To read data from memory i need to use the below format,

ID Req/Resp Byte 0 Byte 1 Byte 2 Byte 3 Byte 4 Byte 5 Byte 6 Byte 7
0x3C Request 0x1D 0x03 0xB4 0x10 Adr 0xFF 0xFF 0xFF
0x3D Response 0x1D 0x06 0x14 0x10 Val Val+1 Val+2 Val+3
But when i write the header frame with 19.2k baud rate, i get status under Frame Type as "LIN
Full Frame" and 00000 under ID field of table, along with sent 8byte hex data on the Data field and device communication is there as i have observed from the indications on both slave and master side. But i get response as LIN Bus inactive and No data under data field. I do get timestamp. 
I have used 3C in arbitrationId for response field and same in ArbitrationId for Header.
I am newbi into communication related stuffs. My dooubt is How do i wake up my slave device? how do i get some data when i change the direction of switch? Is there any other tool to simulate or observe the data out? 

How did you achieved your problem? i feel my problem is very similar what u had.

Am at my client place and it will be very helpful if anybody comeup with solution at the earliest.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(7,222 Views)

Well, if you just send the 3C full response and do nothing else, after 4 seconds you will see bus inactive. If you want to read from the client, you need to send the header for 3D to read. All communication is scheduled by the host for LIN, so if you wan to TX, you do it with the full frame, if you want to RX, you need to send the header and read the response.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(7,219 Views)

Thank you for reply,

What you have mentioned is exactly matching with what i have got respond as bus inactive in 4 second. But i tried sending same frame with 3D instead 3C on both side.. but stil it doesnt respond to my query. can you please tel me like a exampl what should send in the frame by putting 3D? i meant what frame i need to send? and do i need to change 3C to 3D on both place?

Actually what i am expecting is, when i change the switch direction i should get proper response from the device but what m getting is just a bus inactive. so my doubt was whethr my slave is proper or not. thanks in advance 

karkera.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(7,215 Views)

I'm using 8516 to test LIN product, I want to slave node go to sleep mode , we need sent 0x3C (Diagnostic frames) sleepcommand, but How can we sent diagnostic frames, If we want sent id  0x3D frame?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(6,796 Views)

Attached is my LDF file,  I imported this file to labview, but belew schedule didn't display on listbox.

Sleepcommand
   {
   MasterReq delay 16 ms ;

}

slep
    {
          SlaveResp delay 16 ms;

}

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(6,791 Views)

hi,

Could not understand your requirement.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(6,762 Views)

Hello.

Can you help me solve my problem.

I face this problem.

I am send LIN Frame using USB-8476s .I using LIN M aster send frame and data.vi 

I can receive the salve data.but I can not control my slave ,

can your gave me some advice about setting the data 

think you 

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(3,750 Views)

Hello.

Can you show the VI to me "

I am send LIN Frame using USB-8476s .I using LIN M aster send frame and data.vi 

I can receive the salve data.but I can not control my slave" now I can't receive the salve data,when I send frame I get the data is "LIN BUS Error   

84 00 01 06 00 00 19"
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(2,354 Views)