From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting CAN FD baud rate c driver

The manual and example for stream out with the session set properies is not working, How do you set the FD baud rate?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(6,753 Views)

You need to have your database cluster set to be FD with BRS  (if not using a database, you can use the in-memory database ":can_fd_brs:". Then, you just need to set the FD baud rate with a normal set property call (nxPropSession_IntfCanFdBaudRate)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(6,751 Views)

where ae the "memory" or "can_fd_brs" databases?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(6,747 Views)

They don't really exist. They are just constants that you can use if you don't have a real database. The driver essentially creates an empty database in memory with enough settings preconfigured so that your application can work.

:memory: is an empty CAN database. The cluster, by default, would be configured in normal CAN mode. The baud rate is unuset.

:can_fd_brs: is a database with a CAN cluster configured in FD_BRS mode to allow full FD transmission. The baud rate and fd baud rates are unset.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(6,743 Views)

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,741 Views)

Still getting an invalid data rate, but it's not an error.

I used the psuedo database for fd and used the enum for FD also, but still invalid rate.

I tried 2 and 8 megbits?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(6,740 Views)

Sorry, its actually no baud rate set HEX BFF63073

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(6,738 Views)

Did you set both the normal baud rate (i.e., 500000) AND the fd baud rate (i.e., 2000000)?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(6,736 Views)

I just set the FD baud rate with the SetProperties, I guess you mean to set them both. I'll try that.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(6,732 Views)

It gets better.

I configured both as you suggested, but when I run I get waring HEX 0x3FF63040-Baud rate supplied exceeds the capabilities of the transceiver. Its warns there may be bus errors-there are.

I thought this card, PCI-8512 was FD capable?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(6,729 Views)