From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reading the sample rate of the NI9862

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone, 

I am using a DAQ chassis with modules 9205 (analog input) and 9862 ( NI-XNET CAN).

I have a program to sync the modules for acqustion based off of the example attached. My question is how to determine the rate that the data is coming in from the 9862?

It seems to be twice the rate of the 9205 when I set the sample rate for the 9205 at 500Hz.

Is there a property node or method I can use to find the rate? I looked in the manual, and it does give any information.

Thanks

Griff

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,837 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author griff32

griff32,

The XNET CAN baud rate would be located in your database. You can also check this by using a property node. In the example, in the XNET Session Property Node, you can expand it, select Interface>>Baud Rate. You can right click on it and change it to read and wire into an indicator.

You can also write to this property node to overwrite the baud rate in the database. The baud rate should be compatible with the baud rate of your network. It also has a max of 1 mbit/s. If you want the two tasks to acquire the same amount of data, I would recommend changing the rate of the analog input task or the samples to read per channel. 

Becca B.
Product Marketing
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(4,795 Views)

Thanks Becca,

It was coming in at 1K, so I just bumped my analog acqusition up to 1K. It is good now. Just in case anyone is wondering, I read the CAN data in as a Waveform, and I just pulled off the delta t.

My baud rate is 500K in the database, I don't know how that correlates.

griff

Message 3 of 3
(4,783 Views)