Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in interfacing Labview with DSP board via NICAN card?

I am able to receive the msg sent from DSP tp labview via NICAN card . But when i transmitting the msg from labview to DSP via NICAN , i am not able to see any msg in DSP code(CCS). I am using extended ID.

So i am not getting what might be the problem

plz help me

thanks

mahadev

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,010 Views)

Hi mahadev,

Does the DSP device you are using support extended IDs? So when you transmit from the DSP to NI CAN card, it was using an extended ID? Since communication worked one way I doubt there is a problem with the physical connection and bus, but it doesn't hurt to check baud rates and termination again. If you have access to a scope double check to ensure that the communication is clean and gets to the DSP chip OK.

What is the exact DSP chip you are using, can you post a link? Are you able to use that DSP chip to TX and RX with other non-NI CAN devices? You may need to work with the DSP manufacture's support channel to get help on getting that device working..

Joshua B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,003 Views)

Thanks fior the reply

1.We am using ezDSP F28335 evalution board. Yes the DSP supports the extended ID. Because whenever i transmit from DSP to Labview via NI-can i am able to recieve the complete info with extended ID.

2.Yes, while transmitting from the DSP to NI CAN card, it was using an extended ID.

3.Yes we are able to use that DSP chip to TX and RX with other non-NI CAN devices.

with these inputs can u plz help us.

Thanks & Regards

Mahadev

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,999 Views)

Hi Mahadev,

I guess you are talking about this kit. If so, I highly recommending contact Texas Instruments Support since they are more familiar with that device (unless, by luck, someone has worked with that particular setup). Alternatively, you may have better luck at Spectrum Digital. I don't have this board, so I can only help with troubleshooting.

Does the kit come with some example programs that transmit AND receive CAN messes? How are you transmitting the message from the DSP board to he NI CAN card? Do you have a set of code setup to receive the transmission from from the network? Have you attempt to step through that code, and minimize the number of steps it takes to receive a transmission?

Joshua B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,993 Views)