Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mask comparator

Hello,
I just joined the forum.
I would like to ask, if someone of you have some kind of calculator to calculate masks and comparators for ID filters or just to calculate which ID s are passed (blocked) at a combination of mask and comparator.
I would like to filter different ID s of my choice so it takes a lot of time to find out the right bit pattern.
(I use this kind of filter to filter DVB stream)

Thanks ! 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,664 Views)
Hi svislar,

Welcome to the forums!  I first want to make sure you are in the right forum.  Is your issue in regards to CAN or DNET?  If so, you're in the right place.

When you say ID, are you implying the Arbitration ID?  Are you using the frame API?  If so, have you looked into using the Channel API?  This API abstracts away the lower level ID details, so you don't have to worry about them.

Let me know if this helps at all, or if I'm not correctly understanding your issue.

Kind regards,
Robert Mortensen
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,641 Views)
Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
First I would like to tell you that i am working whith dvb parallel remux board.
The board (software) uses for filtering combination of PID and MASK.
The PID specifies the bit pattern (looking binary) which is passed or blocked and the MASK specifies which bit must be equal to the PID (pattern bits) and which  doesn't matter. So if I want to filter PIDs of my selection I have to find the bit pattern in wanted PIDs that is not included in unwanted pids or vice versa to define the filter.
Sometimes it takes a lot of time, so i searched the internet for some kind of software tool to help me spare some time and I find in your forum explanation for the same kind of filter I use, so i thought that someone of you maybe have  some kind  of software tool.
I would be very  grateful if you could help me.

Best regards,

Janez
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,635 Views)
Hi Janez,

It sounds like you don't have any National Instruments software (or hardware) but wants to see if anyone has a finished program that can do the binary filtering that you are describing - am I right? If that's the case, I can't help you, but others might.

If you ARE using National Instruments software or hardware, please let me know what you are using, and it will be easier to help you. For example, if you are using LabVIEW, you should be able to perform the binary filtering with some simple Boolean comparison functions.

Please let me know what your situation is, thanks.
- Philip Courtois, Thinkbot Solutions

Thinkbot Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,618 Views)