cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interface to be stopped

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I start a UDS diagnostic session on LIN using XNET and the Automotive Diagnostic Command Set. Everything works fine, but parallel to this I want to trace and log the bus activities. If I start a Frame Input Stream session to trace the traffic BEFORE starting the diagnostics, I get the following error message:

"Error -1074384610 occurred at Open Diagnostic On LIN"

"You attempted to perform an action on a session or interface that is started, and the action that requires the session/interface to be stopped. Solution: Stop the object before performing this action."

But if I first start the diagnostics, and start the Frame Input Stream session afterwards, it is working without error. I don't understand, why is the interface "locked" in one way, and free for the other way???

Is there any possibility to keep run the trace VI continuously, and in between start- and stop diagnostics without error?

LV2014 & ADCS 14

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,228 Views)

Hello,

I saw that nothing happend here.

Is the issue solved in the meantime?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,897 Views)

Hi,

actually the problem is not solved. I want to keep a kind of "LIN monitor" open, to see the traffinc on the LIN. Then I want to open diagnostics, perform some tests, then close diagnostics. The LIN monitor must keep running, even when I close and open a diagnostic session again.

At launching the LIN Monitor, I create a Frame In Stream session, and I continuously read data from the session.

1. Open Diag --> Launch LIN Monitor --> works

2. LIN Monitor is running --> Close Diag (works) --> Open Diag not working, I get the above mentioned error at opening diag.

Any idea or workaroud?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,862 Views)

Hi,

have a look at these documents:

How Can I Passively Monitor a CAN Network Using NI-CAN Devices? - National Instruments
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/07EC80E3060B2CB586256DD0005ABA63?OpenDocument

How Can I Monitor the NI-CAN Bus? - National Instruments
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/567C4038A2CD279486256FCC00565D07?OpenDocument

Are these possibilities for you?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,833 Views)

Hi Richard,

thank you for the links. Unfortunately I can't use them, because I am using NI-XNET.

I have tried the shipped XNET Bus Monitor from NI. If I start that, I can't open diagnostics. I suppose this bus monitor works on the same manner as mine.

Madottati

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,821 Views)

Hi,

please change the "Run Mode" of the BusMonitor to Subordinate and try it again.

The "Run Mode" setting is in the "Interface and Database Settings" dialog.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,815 Views)

Hey Gucky,

this is exactly what I need! Could you tell me how to set the Mode=Subordinate property, if I write my own LIN monitor? I can't figure it out.

Madottati

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,810 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Madottati

Hi Madottati,

you can create a XNET session using "XNET Create Session (Frame Input Session).vi with the cluster option :subordinate:

Find more information in the "XNET Hardware and Software Manual.pdf" on page 4-62.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,805 Views)