Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to write two CAN frames at the exact same time

HI,

I am trying to  write the signals on CAN of having same mesaage, for controlling motor and valve, with different repeatations, and time to transmit. the excel file is attached for refrence.

Please suggest.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,116 Views)

You have the same problem bennyk did, you didn't post any code.  What are you trying to do?  What isn't working?  What have you tried?  What is your setup?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,110 Views)

HI,

I am using NI-Xnet and, want to Run the motor and valves having Same message ID, but I have to control the signals in that for current and enabling the valves and motor, For that I am  using Signal-single point. When iam running the valves and motor individually, all valves and motor runs , but when I, try to run all together,  valve works , and motor not.

My problem is how to control  the time and no of repetitions as all the functions having different repetitions and transmit time,, and I have to run all the functions at a time. I have attached a capture for  the message frames for  reference. We have to use only one message ID PSD1-605, it has all the information. The excel sheet contains the working information of the motor and valve.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,096 Views)

What I think you are talking about is a muxed signal, which this thread has nothing to do with.  You would probably be better off making your own thread, where you explain the issue (like what you've done here) and post the code you've tried.

What I think you'll end up needing to do is use another API other than a Signal Single Point.  With the Frame Stream API you'll have full control over what gets written and when, and you can write custom code to generate, one frame at one interval, and another frame at another interval.  If you want to convert your signals to frames, XNet also offers an API for doing that.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,081 Views)