Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to read mixed standard and extended ids

Hello,

We are facing for the first time a CAN network where there are several devices and they are mixing STD and XTD frames.

We are usin C FRAME API and at the moment we are unable to capure the both ID types using the ncCreateNotification.

Let me say that our system is working fine with old products where only STD frames are involved so seems clear to me that we don't now how to configure the CAN object to capure both STD and XTD frames.

Could someone give an idea about how to proceed?

Many thanks,

Hector.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,412 Views)

Hi guys! 

Nobody using mixed CAN bus with standard and extended frames? Smiley Sad

It seems that have to be a solution to work with this but we are not able to make it working. 

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,240 Views)

@Rand_H wrote:

Nobody using mixed CAN bus with standard and extended frames? Smiley Sad

No tons of people are, and I've been doing it for years, but in LabVIEW so I'm not sure how much my input would be useful.  I use the XNET Read.vi and tell it the type of signal I'm reading, Frames >> CAN and the output is a 1D array of a cluster that contains the frames.  In the cluster is a boolean saying if the frame is extended or not.  

Or are you using NI CAN, which also has a read frames function which modifies the ArbID output indicating if frames are extended or not.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D652EFA532C0D1AF862574F70071EB4C

Your post is also missing a lot of details.  The less information you give us, the less likely a reply will be found, or that the reply will be relavent.  What API are you using?  What hardware are you using?  Have you tested it with other hardware?  What exactly isn't working?  What are you reading?  We've yet to see any code by the way.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,228 Views)