Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error message after installing NICAN 2.1.3 driver

Sorry for this second message but I wanted to translate it in english which seems to be the common language on this forum.
After installation of Nican driver, shuting down computer, insertion of NI serie 1 PCI card, and turning ON computer, windows try to install NI driver but fail to install it completely.
I've an message saying that "an error occured during the installation. Specified file has not been found"
If clic on Terminate, windows try again to install the NI driver and fails again.
strangely, MAX autotest pass succesfully, and my application works correctly with NI CARD.
How could I complete installation in order to not having constantly the popup saying that installation failed ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,329 Views)
This sounds like a registry problem. Some times a deinstallation or upgrade of NI drivers deletes a special registry key called RunOnce.
The result is the problem you wrote about.
Check in your registry for the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

If you could not find the RunOnce key, you have to create this one.

good luck
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,329 Views)
Oups,
I won't try it because I resolved the problem by another method : I updated my windows 2000 and now it works correctly. So I can't try your method.
It seems like my update repaired the key in my windows registry and done the same thing that creating registry key as you suggest (I suppose).

Thanks for your answer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,329 Views)