Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 1714 "the older version cannot be removed" when I install IMAQ 2.5 (I did uninstall old IMAQ)??

I use Labview incombination with PCI-1714 board.
I tried to instal the new software IMAQ 2.5 (delivered with the board) First I uninstaled the previous version of IMAQ. During the install proces an error 1714 occurs "The older version of NI IMAQ 2.5 cannot be removed".
In an other window also the next message apears:
"removing applications
application: {2EB22F......etc..}
Commandline UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE={A1A90....ETC} "

HOW CAN i SOLVE THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(16,635 Views)
Hello,

Please let me know what board you have in your computer. You need to remove the board before you install the new SW. I suggest that you download reglean.exe from microsoft.coma and clean your registry. Please let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Morten Jensen
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(16,633 Views)
I already solved the problem with the help of a NI-netherlands :
Karsten van Zwol
Application Engineer
National Instruments Nederland BV

Thank you any way

Aufried
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(16,632 Views)
Hi guys!

I'm facing the same problem and I found this link. Nice! I'm glad that you fix the error but could I know something about the solution?!

Many thanx!
Message 4 of 7
(16,633 Views)
I had the same problem with Error 1714 on several PCs and the above suggested procedures (MSI Clean, ect.) didn't work! Unfortunately NI-IMAQ Versions 2.51, 2.55 and 2.6 produced the same installer error. Until NI adresses this problem (e.g. provide information about the exact registry key, that causes this error) try this:

Workaround 1) If you have a PC without NI Software, install NI-IMAQ first, reboot, make sure your board(s) appears in MAX, then install LabVIEW, then run the NI-IMAQ installer again to add the NI-IMAQ VIs.

Workaround 2) On a PC with NI Software (specifically LabVIEW 6.02 seems to be problematic), deinstall LabVIEW, reboot, install NI-IMAQ, reboot, make sure your board(s) appears in MAX, then install LabVIEW, then run the NI-IMAQ
installer again to add the NI-IMAQ VIs.

Hope this helps!
Best regards, Robert

PS: Both workarounds have worked for me on different Windows 2000 machines.
Message 5 of 7
(16,633 Views)
Hi Afried,

I was wondering what the NI people advised�.

Thanks in advance,

Jonas Van Otterdijk
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(16,632 Views)
This problem is related to an registry entry belonging to LV 6.0.

Solution:
Use regedit and go to the key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products. From there make a search with "LabVIEW 6.0". You will find the key 20F22BE295933D11082B000540F95DD5. This key will have a value named Transforms. Delete just this value.

Now you can:
1. Install NI-IMAQ 3.1.3
2. Uninstall LabVIEW 6.0.2 in the case you do not need it anymore.

This was tested on Windows 2000 and XP.
Waldemar

Using 7.1.1, 8.5.1, 8.6.1, 2009 on XP and RT
Don't forget to give Kudos to good answers and/or questions
Message 7 of 7
(16,222 Views)