Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automative priority testing

hi friends,

i am doing my project in chimes signal (it means warning signal in car)automation.

consider two signals one is higher priority another one is lower priority. now the  lower priority signal is playing ,if higher priority signal comes ,it should suppress the  lower priority signal and  playing the higher priority signal.

like that i have 25 different priorities signal. how to test all the cases...

please give me the suggestion for doing the task..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(7,599 Views)

Suresh, being a bit more discriptive about the device(PC Sound card ?) which plays signals can be a bit more useful.

I have following questions.

1. Are you planning to keep a stand alone device (Like cRIO or Windows Mobile in the vehicle) ?
  2. Using a database of priority signals can easily allow you to check the right signal to play.
  3. Have you checked with vi.lib\sound2\lvsound2.llb\Sound Output Stop.vi to stop the current music,once high priority signal arrived ?If yes ,is it fast\comfortable enough ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(7,598 Views)

hi...actually my task is testing all chimes signal from the car dashboard.

(incuding pattern matching and priorities checking)

pattern matching means enables the chimes signal and we have to tell which chime signal is playing......

i am enabling the signal using TMM (Test module manager) script from the car dashboard....

also  using the  database  for identifying the higher priorities signal.....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(7,591 Views)

Hi,psuresh:

Have you already find a right way to solve you problem? I am going to do the same test as you do.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,925 Views)

Typically, you could use a walking "1" pattern then try a progressive pattern from the lowest priority.  No criteria stated for when higher tone is removed with previous or lower tone present

(I.E. Level 0 is top priority with Level 2 as the lowest)

0 ==> On then Off {0 tone responds only}

1 ==> On then Off {1 tone responds only}

2 ==> On {2 tone responds only}

1 ==> On {1 tone cuts in replacing 2 tone}

0 ==> On {0 tone cuts in replacing 1 tone}

2 ==> Off {0 tone remains}

1 ==> Off {0 tone remains}

0 ==> Off {no tone} )

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,906 Views)

Hi Minions:

could you kindly give me an example,it will help me to understand your meaning clearly,thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,901 Views)

Hi,

If I have a DSA PXI-4462,is it possible to acquire the waveform of the chime signal,and jugde which chime signal is palying?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,897 Views)

You could use any instrument capable of recording sound including the microphone port if the frequency and amplitudes are different for each tone. Then compare your findings to determine functionality.

If it helped - KUDOS
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,894 Views)

Hi,I use PXI-4462 to record chime sound,Here I post 4 different wav files which I acquired with different chime signal.you can use the "Read .wav file.vi" to read wav file.My problem is that I don't know what parameters should I use to identify chime signal.For example,if chime"Gong(2000Hz)" is playing,I can acquire the signal with PXI-4462,but I don't know how to judge if the chime "Gong(2000Hz)" is playing,what parameters should I measure?

Thank you very much for your help!Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,885 Views)

Seems pretty basic to me.  Remember, the frequencies and amplitudes shown are based on the total sample (about 2/3rds downtime).  Use Tone Measurements to get their waveform characteristics.

If it helped - KUDOS
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,876 Views)