Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XNET 64-bit C compilation

I thought that the latest versions of XNET and event NICAN support building applications for 64-bit windows. However, after installing the current XNET package, I don't see a 64-bit lib.

I am looking under c:\program files (x86)\national instruments\shared\externalcompilersupport\C. There is a lib32 and a lib64 folder, but only the lib32 folder contains a nixnet.lib file. There is only a nisyscfg.lib file under the lib64 folder.

Can you please advise about 64-bit support for these libraries and what I need to use or do to compile a 64-bit application with them?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,505 Views)

NI-XNET and NI-CAN do support 64bit Operating Systems only.

You cannot build 64bit applications as of today, but this is definetly on the roadmap for those drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,500 Views)

To be clear, is that a typo in your first sentence? Should that have been support only 32-bit?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,493 Views)

correct

NI-XNET and NI-CAN do support 32bit and 64bit Operating Systems.

But: You cannot build 64bit applications as of today, but this is definetly on the roadmap for those drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,491 Views)

One more question, any idea when that capability may release?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(7,489 Views)

Hello. Is it possible to get a customer action report to track the ability to build custom 64-bit applications using NI-CAN or NI-XNET, please? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,443 Views)

Hi JaremyP,

I think you might have to just watch for new releases of NI-CAN and NI-XNET.  It is listed in the "Supported Development Environments" section of the driver pages whether or not the drivers support the 64-bit version of LabVIEW.

Best,

Jeff S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,428 Views)

Just for reference - from NI-XNET 14.0 there is also a 64bit xnet.dll, so you can build your 64 bit applications now.

Andreas Stark
LabVIEW Lead @ Rocket Factory Augsburg
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,771 Views)