Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XCP termination

Hello all,

I am starting a CAN rest bus simulation with the NI 9862 XNET hardware. At starting the session, I enable the hardware interlan termination of the NI 9862.

The rest bus simulation is running well. Now I start communication with the ECU using the ECU Measurement and Calibration toolkit. There is a possibility here also to enable the termination with the ECU MC Set Property.VI "ECU->XCP->CAN-Y->Termination" polymorphic instance.

If I don't set it to true, and start XCP communication, the rest bus simulation stops and I see only error frames on the bus.

Does the "ECU MC Set Property.VI " overwrite the termination settings of an already running session? If yes, after opening an ECU with the ECU MC, is the termination property default false?

LabVIEW 2014 (32bit)

ECU MC 14.0

Windows 7

regards

Madottati

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,080 Views)

@Madottati wrote:

Does the "ECU MC Set Property.VI " overwrite the termination settings of an already running session? If yes, after opening an ECU with the ECU MC, is the termination property default false?

I've never performed these steps, but based on what you are saying I'd say that is true.  The ECU MC is is lower level toolkit, controlling the hardware through custom DLLs instead of the XNet API and as a result I'd suspect that it performs a soft reset of some kind when it takes control of the hardware.  You can test this by putting a DMM in resistance mode between the CANH and CANL pins.  If this is the case then the only suggestion I'd give is to have a hardware CAN termination, by adding a resistor in your harness, or with a DB9 pass through. Something similar to this, or this.

Message 2 of 2
(5,077 Views)