Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write dbc files in XNET

How do i create a CAN database file(*.dbc) in X-NET? I would like to write all signals into a DBC file and monitor them in CANdb++(CANape). I just found “XNET Database Save.vi” to save the database to a FIBEX file.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,636 Views)
In the database editor you can export or merge dbcs by right clicking the cluster. Not sure if you can do this function from a VI or not.
Message 2 of 6
(7,627 Views)

yes you can merge in the API but you cannot export as DBC. If you are interested on that, refer to the XNET Database Merge.vi in the NI-XNET manual.

The only supported export formats in NI-XNET 14.0 are FIBEX ( CAN; LIN; FlexRay Cluster) or LDF (LIN Cluster).

We are actively reasearching to add DBC export at some point. - we ll keep you updated on that feature.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,623 Views)

Oh sorry, I guess the Export feature only exists for exporting a Database to an LDF with is the LIN equivalant of a DBC.  I assumed that if there was an export to LDF, there should be an Export to DBC.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,619 Views)

Is it still impossible to export DBC files from XNET ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,031 Views)

You can import and Export DBCs using XNet, I'm not sure at what version this feature was added.  I've had times when someone wanted to add a signal to a DBC and using the XNet Database Editor (installed in the start menu when XNet Utilities are installed).  From there you can easily visualize the frames, and see what signals are what bits.  Then you can add or change them, and then export it back to a DBC.  There is even APIs for doing this programmatically within LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,029 Views)