Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't ncWaitForStateChange or ncCreateNotification return or callback?

I'm using a PCI NI Series 2 CAN Card. This worked before, but a driver removal/reinstallation, along with reinstalling Measurement Studio because of missing libraries (due to a bad software uninstall) has caused this strange behavior to start happening. Send is fine and the return data is in the receive buffer, but there is no notification of a state change and pending for a state change pends forever. There are no errors or warnings during compile or run time. All everything initializes properly as far a I can tell. The application does not crash. Anyone ever see anything like this?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,418 Views)
Hi jhupfer,

This is an interesting issue, and hard to tell what is going on at first glance. Have you tried reinstalling the driver after reinstalling Measurement Studio? Also, to get a lot better picture of what is going on at the driver level, you could obtain a spy capture using NI Spy to see exactly what driver-level calls are being made. We can use that to get a more exact picture of what is going on. Let us know how the issue progresses!

john
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,407 Views)
Thanks for the reply John. Jassem is also working on this issue. The failure occurs when we use driver version 2.2. We tested driver versions 2.1.1, 2.1.2, 2.1.3.

Version 2.1.1 worked for single packet messages, but not with multi-packet.
Version 2.1.2 and 2.1.3 work for everything.
Version 2.2 does not work at all.

If necessary, I can reinstall 2.2 and run NI Spy, but right now our fixture is up and running with version 2.1.3 and we need to make up for the backlog that accumlated during the downtime...so it may be a while before I'm able to get the spy data.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,400 Views)
If that is the case, I recommend staying with the version that works for now. Hopefully we can help you discover why 2.2 didn't work at a later date. Have a great day!

john
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,386 Views)