Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which documents could be useful to understand how to program the LIN network in C

Hello,

I am a gratuate Test Engineer and I need to learn how to program properly the LIN ( in C language) to be able to analyse and observe its behaviour. So I was wondering if there is any supports you can suggest me?

Thank you.

Message Edited by moruk on 02-23-2010 03:08 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,937 Views)

You should tell us which LIN device you are using......

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,927 Views)

Moruk:  NI is good at providing hardware and software to meet your needs for LIN, and these forums are great at answering specific questions, but sometimes you need more general information, which is what it looks like you are asking for.  If you want a free color wall reference chart I suggest you look at https://www.vector.com/va_infomaterial_us.html.  You can get the free wall chart describing the LIN protocol mailed to you just for asking.

After you have placed your order for the chart, search for document 9733 on the NI site (Introduction to the LIN Bus) and document 203383 (NI USB-8476 LI Interfaces).  

Another great source of information is at http://www.lin-subbus.org/

Hope this helps.

Bill

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,923 Views)

Hi Norbet B,

I am using the NI USB-8476.

Sorry for replying you late.

Moruk

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,899 Views)

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your suggestions,

I have another question about the NI-CAN C language interface:

Do we use the same library for a CAN than for a LIN ? 

I am suppose to read and analyse some LIN messages trought Microsoft Visual C/C++ but I am not sure if I should use the same functions for both.

Thank you, 

Moruk 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,898 Views)

Moruk,

for the USB-8476, you have to use the NI CAN. It will work for LIN as well...You can find some further instructions in the manual of the device. There should also exist some available examples. I am not sure about examples for C++ though.....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,886 Views)