From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using CAN Frame Channel Conversion Library with arxml-Files?

Solved!
Go to solution

We use LabVIEW and the CAN Frame Channel Conversion Library to measure and display CAN Channels based on the .dbc-file.

Now the OEM changed the file format from .dbc to AUTOSAR XML (.arxml) and we will not get an .dbc-file.

Is there any way to read .arxml-files in NI-CAN or to convert them into .dbc format?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,599 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ludwig72

Hi Ludwig72,

unfortunately the NI-CAN just supports .dbc and .nbc files. If you convert the .arxml to .dbc it should work, or if there is any possibility to switch over to the NI-XNET driver it could be possible to import .xml files.

Just in case you have this option, here is the link to the latest NI-XNET driver:

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/3757/lang/de

You should check out, whether your hardware, software and operating system is supported by this version in the manuals.

Best regards,

Matijas

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(8,575 Views)

Hi Matijas,

I use the USB-8473S device with NI-CAN. As I know, it doesn't support NI-XNET.

So I have to search someone who can convert the files for me.

Greetings,

Ludwig.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(8,569 Views)

Hi Ludwig,

in your case, the XNET isn't an option, because it doesn't support CAN/USB hardware. I hope you will find a satisfying solution.

Best regards,

Matijas

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(8,567 Views)

If you are still looking for support for importing .arxml using X-NET, this is now supported in X-NET 17.0.1 (readme)

Ashish Naik
Automotive Business Development Manager
National Instruments UK
Message 5 of 5
(3,784 Views)