From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TX/RX Attribute from Frame CAN Read?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, i've been checking the forums but can't find any article related.

Anyone can get the RX/TX attribute from XNET Read (Frame CAN)? How to do?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,326 Views)

can you clearify in some more details what you want to achieve. if you read a frame they are always Rx like. If you want to differentiate between frames self transmitted or frames transmitted by other nodes you can use the property Interface:Echo Transmit?

see XNET manual how to use the property and read back the Echo Flag

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,319 Views)

@Gibson wrote:

can you clearify in some more details what you want to achieve. if you read a frame they are always Rx like. If you want to differentiate between frames self transmitted or frames transmitted by other nodes you can use the property Interface:Echo Transmit?

see XNET manual how to use the property and read back the Echo Flag

This scenario, from XNET Read(Frame CAN) there is the data out, the the data consist of CAN Frame cluster, what's inside the cluster doesn't have the attribute whether the frame is a TX/RX frame.

In my project, I would like to also see the "TX" or "RX" together with the frame that I will be logging on a txt file. Did you mean that the "echo?" inside the cluster is the one that I am looking  for?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,306 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nino58

yes the Echo Flag shows if the frame is a Tx or Rx frame. as I said, please check the manual for detailled information

Message 4 of 4
(5,292 Views)