From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronize Serie2 PCMCIA CAN and USB DAQPad 6016 ==> Error 1074388733

Hi,

I get the error code 1074388733 at CANconnectTerminals.vi when I try to synchonize a PCMCIA CAN and a DaqPad 6016.

Soft and driver configuration :
- Win XP SP2
- Labview 7.1 (with new nicantsk to avoid 'CAN Sync Start with NI-DAQmx VI problem with a Series 2 PCMCIA-CAN'
- NI CAN 2.2.1f4 (I import CAN message protocol from a vector .dbc file)
- DAQmx 7.4.0f0
- MAX 3.1.1.3003
- My VI (synchro.vi) joint to this message

Hard configuration :
Intel P4 3.06 GHz HyperTreading, PCMCIA-CAN/2 serie 2 (250 kBaud/s), DAQPad 6016, PCMCIA-CAN Synchronization Cable n°188791B-01.

Cabling : Trig_0 to PFI0/A StartTrig (PIN n°62), Trig_7_CLK to Freq_out (PIN n°64) and GND to D_GND (PIN n°63).

When I try to acquire data (single or multi waveform channels) from DaqPad only or PCMCIA CAN only, no problem at all.

Can somebody help me ?

Thx

Christophe14
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,466 Views)
Hi Christophe14,

The VI looks just like a slightly modified version of the examples shipping with the NI-CAN software; that should not be the problem. Your wiring also seems correct.

When do you encounter the error? Does it happen right away, or does it take some time until this error occurs? After the error occurred, what happens, if you close LabVIEW and try to perform a self-test on that card (right-click on the card in the Measurement and Automation Explorer)?

Could you create and post an NI Spy log file? NI Spy can log all function calls to the NI-CAN driver? To generate that log file, launch NI Spy at:
Start » Programs » National Instruments » NI Spy

Once the error comes up, stop your application and save the log file with NI Spy.

-B2k
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,449 Views)
Hi biker2000,

Thanks for your answer.

I solved my problem, it was just a mistake an cabling

However, I have a little problem I can't explain. I have the same trart_trig and the same clock_base but i still have a dephasing between DAQPad and PCMCIA_CAN signals (about 10 ms with a 500 Hz samble rate).

If you have a solution to my new problem, you're welcome.

Best regards.

Christophe.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,443 Views)