Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for 64-bit Windows in NI-CAN and/or NI-XNET APIs

Hello,

I was wondering if any new information for building 64-bit applications using NI-CAN and NI-XNET CAN devices was available. The driver package supports 64-bit Windows, but the programming library/DLL are still 32-bit only.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,451 Views)

JaremyP,

That is still the case. This white paper points out that the NI-CAN and NI-XNET drivers are supported on 64-bit Windows, only while using using 32-bit Software.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,431 Views)

I have the same question a year later. I would like to build a 64-bit windows executable that uses CAN. The white paper http://www.ni.com/white-paper/10383/en/ seems to say that full 64-bit software support has been available for NI-XNET since version 14.0. However, I have NI-XNET 14.1 installed with the CAN compatibility layer, and I can only find a 32-bit version of nicanmsc.lib.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,191 Views)

there is no 64bit support for NI-CAN available so far.

If you want to use CAN under 64bit applications you need to move entirely using NI-XNET hardware and driver software.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,182 Views)

It looks like I'll have the same problem trying to use XNET directly. My NI-XNET installation contains only one version of nixnet.lib in C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\ExternalCompilerSupport\C\lib32\msvc. How should I link my 64-bit executable?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,170 Views)

I checked with NI-XNET 14.5 and there is a

Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\ExternalCompilerSupport\C\lib64\msvc\nixnet.lib

installed. Which XNET revision do you use?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,161 Views)

I have NI-XNET 14.1 installed. I'll upgrade to 14.5 and see if I can find the 64-bit library. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,159 Views)