Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow driver since v2.1.3

Hello,

I have four PCI-CAN (single channel) in the computer. Each board is used by one and only one thread, there is only one device connected on each network (beside the PCI-CAN) and no bridge of any kind between the networks. But since I installed the new drivers (v2.1.3 and then v2.2), my program is much slower.

Could it be that the changes made to v2.1.3 prevent my threads from accessing their own board simultaneously ? I can see the CPU usage is lower too. It used to be at 100% with v2.1.2 and is now around 60% with v2.2.

As v2.1.2 has some problem too (some frames seem to be lost when the CPU usage is too high), I cannot just revert back to the old version. Is there a way to have the four boards working unimpeded in parellel ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,079 Views)
ok, It seems to me that there may be an unknown link that has been created by the program. But could you give us some more details.
By wat i can see the problem does occur because of the software upgrade. The software has somehow corruped maybe one or more files but if you could ghost the main HDD you
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,079 Views)