Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up PCI-DNET card to work with Eurotherm 2404 Controller w/Device Net

I have installed the NI PCI-DNET card in my PC running W2000 and the NI Measurement and Automation Explorer.  I have also wired from the PC Card to a Eurotherm 2404 Controller with a Device Net Module and have terminated the connection with a 120 Ohm termination resistor.  The baud rate and address have been configured on both ends to match, however although I am getting a good connection to the board I am not able to pick up the device when I run the "Simple Who" funtion.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,508 Views)
(1) Do you connect the power on the cable connected between the board and your device?
(2) Check your device LED and make sure it turns flash green so that the device is on
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,501 Views)
Hi,

When you say “…address have been configured on both ends to match”, do you mean that you set the ‘Interface MAC ID’ of the dialog that comes up when you start Simple Who to the one that is used by the Eurotherm 2404 Controller?
Simple Who is a master/scanner in a DeviceNet network, thus the ‘Interface MAC ID’ you configure is the one of the master, which must not be identical to the one of any slave devices in the network. So, try setting the ‘Interface MAC ID’ to a value other than the one used by the Eurotherm 2404 Controller.

-B2k
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,497 Views)