From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading CAN frames from 10 sensors Simultaneously

Solved!
Go to solution

hey,

thanks for the information. you are right.....I tried the way you told me but unfortunately my problem is not solved (i.e. it writes 11 values for each second in text file and file is getting bigger).

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(2,957 Views)

Probe the string output from the VI that converts the array of frames into a string.  If the array of frames only has 1 frame in it (which it should, add in an index array to grab the first frame if you didn't before) it should only write 1 line for each iteration of the while loop.

Also, your inner case structure is unneccessary.  The outer case structure tests for how many frames are available, the inner one tests for how many are returned.  That number should always be the same (in fact, the value it reads is probably the same location and just gets passed through ncReadNetMult).  

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(2,948 Views)

Hi,

array has 11 frames in it I modified the NetClusterArrayToString.vi so that it will convert only 1 frame to string. The display on frontpanel shows 1 value per second but when I write the same string to a text file it writes as before......

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(2,942 Views)

Can you post your code?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(2,929 Views)