Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems getting started with NI USB-8473s

I have installed  a NI USB-8473s and i need to find out how to test if it works (other then self test in MAX, that i passed). I tried to use a test panel in MAX but all i get is a "no CAN ports are available or no NO CAN card installed". How do i continue my work?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,539 Views)

Hi,

Have you tried to access the channels from Data Neighborhood --> CAN Channels in MAX?

The reason why you are seeing this error is because you are trying to use the channel API with the USB CAN module (which is not supported).

One thing you can try is converting the channel API to frame API.  Here is a KB that explains how this is done: 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/7A7875C000F205DD862572640073B8CF?OpenDocument

Pease let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------
Dennis Morini
District Sales Manager
National Instruments Denmark
http://www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,521 Views)

Hi Morini,

thank you for the reply. 

Not being able to use channel API with a USB device explains alot about my error message.

Yes i have tried to access the CAN Chennels in MAX from Data Neighborhood.

As it is now i don't need to use channel API and i can use the frame API (so far i know).

All i was trying with MAX was to get started reading/writing to the CAN. The goal of this is to read/write messages from VB.net to the CAN.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,518 Views)

May I make friends with you! I have some problems about USB-8473s to consult you! Can you give your QQ  to me. Thank you,dear friends!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,682 Views)

@syw wrote:

May I make friends with you! I have some problems about USB-8473s to consult you! Can you give your QQ  to me. Thank you,dear friends!

The purpose of this entire forum, is to help people who have problems.  If you have a problem, post your question with detailed information about what you have, what you want, and what isn't working.  While you're at it read the forum guidelines.  Posting to a 6 year old thread that you have a question isn't going to get you anywhere.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,673 Views)