From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No CAN communication

Hello,

I am very new to CAN communication in labview and I have a problem executing one of the NI-CAN examples. I am using a PCMCIA Series 2 Card with 2 ports (High Speed) and I just want to do a simple send and receive using the ObjecttoObject.vi that is found in the examples. When I run it, it is suppose to send back what is being transmitted but nothing is shown. I ran the Automation and Measurement software which detects the CAN ports and the self test works fine. However, when I choose "Bus Monitor" it displays a message "Program Not Found." Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong?

Message Edited by Newguy100 on 02-03-2006 11:20 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,193 Views)

Hi newguy100,

it seems there is something wrong with your installation. To fix this, you should uninstall the ni-can driver, reboot your Computer and install the driver again.

Take care to have the newest version 2.3.2. You can download this version from the ni.com web-site.

The objtoobj example should work then. Take care there is not written anything like "bus powered" or "DNET" on your cable dongles. This means you have to external power your cable to get it work.

DirkW

Message 2 of 2
(3,174 Views)