Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB-8473 Windows can not find Driver

Solved!
Go to solution

After I install my CAN Software 2.6.1 and connect my USB device, Windows starts the Hardware Wizard but, can not find the Drivers for this device.  I started out with 2.4 and uninstalled and reinstalled it which did not help and then I upgraded to 2.6.1.  This did not seem to help either.  My impression is that this is something to do with Windows or the computer, but I thought I would ask if anyone has seen this problem before in case it is a hardware or software issue.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(10,895 Views)
Solution
Accepted by bkl

Hi,

Thank you for your post.  The NI-CAN driver is an inf file titled nican.inf.  Instead of automatically detected the driver in the Found New Hardware Wizard, try browsing to the nican.inf file.  This file is found in the following directory: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-CAN\staging.

If this doesn't work, I would run the Microsoft Windows cleanup utility linked below and remove all NI-CAN registries from your system and then reinstall the driver once again.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Regards,

Todd V.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
NI Prototyping Community
Message 2 of 4
(10,880 Views)

I'm trying to install the Can2.7.4 driver on my PC, then it always tells the driver is not properly installed. An error occurred during the installation of the device. Access is denied.And under the system hardware, this driver is marked by ! yellow. So this driver doesn't work.

Microsoft windows clean up utility is removed from the web-site that u provide!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(8,914 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for this tip, this was the answer to our problem. One small difference that may be worth noting , the .inf file one my PC was located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\NI-CAN\staging

directory. once winows installation wizard was steered to that file everything went as it should.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,797 Views)