From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DNET - Wierd Behavior with Simple WHO

I have 1 devicenet device (an Allen Bradley 842D Absolute Encoder) attached to the network and am trying to "simple WHO" the device from NI MAX.  The wierd behavior is this:

I set the MAC ID to 40 (or any other number) and Rate to 500kbps.  Using the simple WHO function,  I can "see" this device on the network when using any MAC ID OTHER THAN 40 (or whatever number I set it to).  If I select the correct MAC ID,  i get this error message:

NI-CAN (Hex 0xBFF6200F)  The devicenet duplicate MAC ID check failed for the I
Select a different Interface MAC ID in Setup Online Info.

When I select to view a MAC ID other than the actual MAC ID,  I can then select the instrument and view the properties associated.  I'll be using the device with an OPC server so I don't have Labview installed on this computer to check and see if the I can really talk to this device.  Another note.  The device has a Status LED that "flashes" Green.  A "steady" Green light is what i'm looking for.  Flashing green means the device is "Active  but not allocated to Master"

From the Knowledge base article: "3A2E8THR",  error 0xBFF6200F translates to a BAD MAC ID.   I'm not how to correct this situation.  Any suggestions?

Regis

Thanks,

Regis
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,449 Views)
Hi Regis,

When you set the ‘Interface MAC ID’ in Simple Who, you set the MAC ID of your local DeviceNet interface card (the master/scanner), not the other device(s) on the bus.

-B2k
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,445 Views)
Thanks...i just got to reading that in the Help file .....My mistake...

Regis
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,439 Views)