Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DNET - Wierd Behavior with Simple WHO

I have 1 devicenet device (an Allen Bradley 842D Absolute Encoder) attached to the network and am trying to "simple WHO" the device from NI MAX.  The wierd behavior is this:

I set the MAC ID to 40 (or any other number) and Rate to 500kbps.  Using the simple WHO function,  I can "see" this device on the network when using any MAC ID OTHER THAN 40 (or whatever number I set it to).  If I select the correct MAC ID,  i get this error message:

NI-CAN (Hex 0xBFF6200F)  The devicenet duplicate MAC ID check failed for the I
Select a different Interface MAC ID in Setup Online Info.

When I select to view a MAC ID other than the actual MAC ID,  I can then select the instrument and view the properties associated.  I'll be using the device with an OPC server so I don't have Labview installed on this computer to check and see if the I can really talk to this device.  Another note.  The device has a Status LED that "flashes" Green.  A "steady" Green light is what i'm looking for.  Flashing green means the device is "Active  but not allocated to Master"

From the Knowledge base article: "3A2E8THR",  error 0xBFF6200F translates to a BAD MAC ID.   I'm not how to correct this situation.  Any suggestions?

Regis

Thanks,

Regis
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,455 Views)
Hi Regis,

When you set the ‘Interface MAC ID’ in Simple Who, you set the MAC ID of your local DeviceNet interface card (the master/scanner), not the other device(s) on the bus.

-B2k
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,451 Views)
Thanks...i just got to reading that in the Help file .....My mistake...

Regis
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,445 Views)