cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9862 comes us as unsupported module in MAX

Solved!
Go to solution

Same as in MAX.

The module is recognized on my other computer that is running LabVIEW 2012. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 33
(9,672 Views)

right-click on the unsupported module and select "update driver software". Click "browse my comptuer for driver software" and browse to C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\NATIONAL INSTRUMENTS\NI-XNET\STAGING\CDAQ (or just Program Files if you are on a 32-bit OS).

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 33
(9,670 Views)

I tried, but it said "the wizard could find no better match than the software you currently have installed". I browsed to this location:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-XNET\staging\cDAQ

I attached an image of the driver that is installed.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 33
(9,665 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dmourer

Then you have to go to the option to "manually" let me choose the driver. You are on windows XP?

Message 14 of 33
(9,656 Views)

Yes. XP version 2002, service pack 3

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 33
(9,652 Views)

That did it. Thank you for your help. 

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 33
(9,650 Views)

I had the exact same problem with the same hardware and software versions but the cDAQ folder didn't exist on my machine at this location:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-XNET\staging\cDAQ

I only had a "PCI_PXI" folder in the "staging" folder.

I re-ran the setup.exe on the National Instruments Device Drivers DVD and selected the following additional item to install:

Communication Buses and Protocols>>NI-XNET 14.0>>NI-XNET Compatibility Library for NI-CAN

The installer made changes both to DAQmx and NI-XNET.  The cDAQ folder was added to the ...National Instruments\NI-XNET\staging folder and my hardware worked properly after that.

John B.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 33
(9,621 Views)

The "NI-XNET Compatibility Library for NI-CAN" feature does not install the cDAQ driver.  

What probably happened is that the first time you installed NI-XNET 14.0 from the Device Drivers DVD, the "C Series Support for CompactDAQ" feature under NI-XNET was not enabled.  By default, this feature is enabled only if NI-DAQmx is already detected on the system.  Once NI-DAQmx was already installed to your system, the second run of the Device Drivers DVD would have enabled the feature by default, adding the cDAQ driver to your system.  

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 33
(9,613 Views)

So the difference was the hardware connected to the PC at the time the installer is executed rather than any additional selection of driver software?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 33
(9,603 Views)

No, sorry if I wasn't clear.  Here's what I think happened:

1. Initial machine state - no NI-DAQmx or NI-XNET software
  2. First run of Device Drivers DVD - NI-DAQmx and NI-XNET selected to be installed, but not the "C Series Support for CompactDAQ" subfeature under NI-XNET.  This feature is what installs the files to C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-XNET\staging\cDAQ, hence why those files were missing.
  3. Second run of Device Drivers DVD - With NI-DAQmx now on the system, the default logic enables the "C Series Support for CompactDAQ" subfeature under NI-XNET.  

Bottom line...if the "C Series Support for CompactDAQ" subfeature under NI-XNET was manually enabled the first time the Device Drivers DVD was installed, everything would have worked properly.  

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 33
(9,595 Views)