Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9862 CAN

Ok now I dont have the revious problem but this one. Diagnostic command timeout. A responce from ECU was not received. Is it a problem with car can it be somehow protected from outside access? Or is it something else?  Thanks for help. 

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 44
(5,121 Views)

Hello,

Is this example supports SEA J1939 protocol which is designed for heavy duty vihicles ?

Karenh
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 44
(5,103 Views)

The Automotive Diagnostic Command Set doesn't support the SAE J1939 protocol.

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 44
(5,099 Views)

Hello

Alright it's working now. I was trying to power up that module from car via ODB connector but it doesnt work. You really need that Can Breakout box and right ID's to ECU. May I have another question could you explain ODB setup block to me in detail? I know you have written something about it but could you expand on it? Could not find any help to it. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 44
(4,991 Views)

Hello, 

the OBD setup sets two "Automotive Diagnostic Command Set" properties.

1. "Wait Time CF (STmin) = 0

2. "Time between Waits (T_W) = 1

If you need information about these properites take a look at the "Automotive Diagnostic Command Set" manual on page 6-25.

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 44
(4,979 Views)

Will the NI 9862 be compatible with CAN BUS SAE J1939, or do I need to use a different setup?

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 44
(4,941 Views)

I assume your request is not refering to OBD which we already discussed here.

Are you asking if NI 9862 supports J1939 in general?

J1939 is a high level protocol based on CAN, so yes of course the NI 9862 is able to do J1939 based communication.

So far NI-XNET has no build in support for J1939, but there is some reference implementation posted:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/6215

Message 37 of 44
(4,934 Views)

Yes, THANKS.  I'm just beginning at this with a new project.  Your like is exactly what I needed.

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 44
(4,919 Views)

Hello everyone,

I have purchased a NI 9862 module and I was wondering if I will be able to use it in order to communicate with a CANopen device.

By reading the forum I get that the NI-XNET does not support CANopen but isn't there a way to communicate with CANopen devices with this particular module?

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 44
(4,506 Views)

Hello LazyYogi,

Welcome to the NI Forums!

Please, if you have a question, open a new topic for that specific question in the future, since it can get lost in already closed, or old topics!

To answer your question, the NI 9862 is not supported with the CANopen LV Library. Instead there is a 9881 CANopen Module that is supported by the CANopen driver which is very similar to the Library.

The 9862 is an XNET Module, and there is a chance that some CANopen functions may work, it is not supported!

Peter

Peter L.
National Instruments Hungary
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 44
(4,452 Views)