Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Melexis LIN Master and LabView

Hello to all,

I am working with the Melexis LIN Master and I am sending some messages to this device using dedicated software. The LIN Master communicates with the MLX80105E controller.

However, I would like to use this device together with LabView. Has anyone tried this?

I know that Melexis have developed some PSF (Product Specific Functions) where each type of controller corresponds to a certain LabView library of Active X Objects. So in Labview you are loading these PSFs for the controller that you are using. This is all I know so far. 

I am looking for some example programs or some advice if possible!

Thanks, have a nice day!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(9,971 Views)

Hi Raul

This is just a suggestion, but have you tried contacting Melexis since they are who developed metioned PSF?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(9,954 Views)

Hello Miro,

Yes I have asked Melexis for support.

For the moment I am still waiting for an account to access their server and look for the PSF packages. 

I thought I may find someone who has already tackled this issue. I will come back once I have downloaded the library.

Thanks and have a nice day!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(9,921 Views)

Hello,

I have resolved this application and it works. If anyone is interested in the solution please let me know. There is a lot of info to be written and I will do this if there is specific interest.

Have a nice day 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(9,597 Views)

Hi,

I am trying to develop the program to talk to Melexis USB Lin Master. Would you please share your information.

Thanks,

Allen

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(9,414 Views)

Hello,

I have received from Melexis the possibility to access their server and download some libraries which can be called from LabView. As a rule you can use Invoke Nodes and Property Nodes to select the methods/properties you want to use.

I have attached two VIs which I have used to detect the connection with the Lin Master.

Let me know if they work for you. It is possible that this could be done in another manner but for me this works.

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(9,407 Views)

Hi
Thanks for your post.
I'm usually work with can communication using vector hardware, but now i need to implement LIN communication with a baud rate higher (ex. 60K)  than the one offered from vector hardware.
So i'm looking for some hardware with labview dll that fit my requirements.
Do you know if this hardware have labview dll and if can i  set that baud rate higher  that the usual one?

Thanks in advance Nino

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(8,676 Views)

Hi Antonino27,

The NI-XNET driver allows you to communicate several protocols including LIN. The following white papers describes the basic usage of this driver:

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/12375/en/

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/9727/en/

Are you also looking to puchase new NI hardware to do this? If so, I can put you in contact with a sales representative. 

Regards, 

Kevin 

Applications Engineer 

National Instruments 

http://www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(8,623 Views)

Hello,

I'm also trying to control the melexis with labview, for LIN, you've achieved to send and receive frames?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(5,381 Views)

I see that your attached vi's are the same as melexis add as examples, I always get the error Exception occured in MPT.MLXLINPSFDevice: Generic (unspecified) error in ScanforLINMaster(SubVI).vi,  do you know how to solve this I can get communication with the MPTApp, but trying with the labview code or the Excel VBA scrip, returns the Ative X object can't be created.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(5,112 Views)