Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading MAX configuration from LABVIEW

Hi,
I have certain list of CAN Messages with Channel information obtained from our customer database.I have included those messages as virtual Channels under CAN Channels, which i'm storing in an .ncd file.If any change is there in Message format,Presently i'm updating it Manually in MAX and saving the File.Is there a way to load and edit the configuration programmatically.In other words ,I see some MAX Config INI files stored under "C/Program Files/National Instruments/MAX".Can i read MAXconfig ini file to do this ,if so Which file to Read?

Regards
Murali
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,886 Views)
Hi Murali,

The *.ini files from MAX cannot be used for that.
As you don’t need to reference a database file from your application in case all channels/messages are already configured in MAX, you could limit the saving of the current MAX configuration for backup purposes only.
Another way would be to programmatically modify the *.ncd file, and reference it directly from your application without having the channels/messages in MAX. For that you would need to get or write an XML editor/parser as the *.ncd file follows the XML standard.

-B2k
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,878 Views)
Hi,
Thanks for Reply.
One more information, I want to mention here is the ncd file was manually created based on information obtained from Customer database which is a third party software.Since by default in MAX an example.ncd file exists,it will be helpful for me if u would send me some Sample code for reading this example.ncd(as i'm new to using those XML parsers which u had mentioned)which i may use as start point for my application.Do u need to install any separate toolkit for using those XML Vi's?

Thanx
Murali
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,875 Views)

Hi Murali,

I don’t have any example code. Essentially, you could create an XML parser using the standard LabVIEW file I/O. However, there are already solutions existing like the NI LabVIEW Internet Toolkit or just search the Internet for ‘LabVIEW and XML’.

-B2k

Message Edited by biker2000 on 09-25-2005 07:25 PM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,868 Views)