Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW in automobiles.

Hello

I am doing a project related to automobile instrumentation. 

To propose a system that can enhance the safety of vehicles using

• Application of alcohol sensors in automobiles
  • Principle of optical detection(Automatic Dipper System)
  • Braking System that prevents accidents at the time of brake failure.
  • Automatic Lane Detecting for parking of automobiles

Many of these applications are already done using Microcontrollers. I want to know how LabVIEW is more efficient than other microcontrollers or embedded systems for these applications? 

Also, for these applications What are the drivers needed? and what will be the esmtimated cost, if we go for hardware implementation?

Kindly, help me through it.

Thanks and regards

Aastha Singh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(6,438 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(6,312 Views)

Noone replied at both places. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(6,265 Views)

When you don't get the help you want

If you posted a question and didn't get any response, or didn't understand the responses you got, do not make a new thread on the same topic.  Doing this will fragment the conversation and you will have two groups of people working on the same problem.

Don't simply BUMP a thread with a new post without more information.  This is a sign that you don't want to put in any effort and are simply nagging others to help you.  If a thread goes dry and you want more help, try getting more information on the subject, or try something and reply to the thread with this new information.  This shows you are willing to work towards your goal, and aren't just looking for others to do your work for you.

Source

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(6,259 Views)

Okay! I am sorry about it.

I am new to LabVIEW, and this is the only place where I can get any help.  I have already started working on my project. 

I would really appreciate if my doubts are clarified. 

I am using NI USB-6008 DAQ. I would like to know how can we enable it's clock to interface it with a DC motor. 

What sensor configurations can be interfaced with it ?

Regards,

Aastha

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,250 Views)

I don't know what "doubts you want clarified".  But I can try to answer your questions.

First, I would read the manual on it.  http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371303n.pdf

It has digital I/O channels, but they are only software timed.  I don't see any terminals that have access to its internal clock.

As for "What sensor configurations can be interfaced with it ?" the answer is probably numerous sensors.  What is it you want to try to interface with?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(6,218 Views)

MQ3 Alcohol sensor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(6,200 Views)

And what kind of signals does that sensor put out?  Voltage, current, digital, something else?  Read the specs on the sensor, then see how they match up to the specs for the USB-6008.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(6,180 Views)

I got it.

How can we generate signals to run a 3V DC motor using DAQ 6008 USB?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(6,169 Views)

Generally speaking, no DAQ hardware pushes enough current to drive anything other than high impedence input signals.  You're going to need a buffer circuit of some kind (op-amp?) to output the amount of current needed to drive a motor.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(6,146 Views)