From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIN Break Length

Solved!
Go to solution

Is it possible to change the default length (13 bits) of the LIN Break with a NI USB-8476 and the NI-CAN Frame API ?

LIN break.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,379 Views)

There is a property in NI-XNET to configure the length of the break.

Unfortunately I haven't found a similar property in the NI-CAN Frame API.

NI-XNET LIN Break Length.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(6,367 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JB

I am pretty sure it is supported, but it may not be documented. Try attribute 0x80020047. It should accept a similar range as the NI-XNET version.

Message 3 of 10
(6,359 Views)

Many thanks for your answer ! I will try this tomorrow.

There is indeed no documentation about this attribute, neither in the NI-CAN Hardware and Software Manual nor in the help of LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(6,346 Views)

Sorry for my late reply due to holidays.

According to a test conducted by a colleague, this attribute has no effect on the length of the break. Could you please verify its number and if it is really supported by the NI-CAN Frame API ? Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(6,235 Views)

From what I can tell, that is indeed the number and it should work.

Message 6 of 10
(6,226 Views)

Thank you very much.

I will make a new test myself. This is how the bus is configured.

Configure LIN.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(6,210 Views)

The "secret" 0x80020047 attribute is indeed supported by the NI-CAN Frame API and allows to change the length of the break.

Many thanks once again.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(6,148 Views)

I don't think it was intended to be a secret (more likely the documentation was just forgotten). I was a bit nervous when the preliminary results indicated that it didn't work, so I do appreciate the update to let me know that it did.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(6,144 Views)

I labelled this ID "secret" because it is neither documented nor listed in the selector of the IDs.

AttrID.jpg

Would it be possible to add it to the next release of the driver ?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(6,142 Views)