From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to interface CANAnazer software with LabVIEW 7.1 using COM functionality

Hi All,

In my application, I need to interface CANAnayzer software (from Vector Informatik) with LabVIEW 7.1.
CANAnayzer is a GUI software which is used to send/receive the messages over CAN network. This software supports Microsoft COM features.By clicking some buttons on this CANAnayzer GUI, messages can be transmitted or received.

Now I want to control this software without opening its GUI using my LabVIEW application. I'm using Windows XP OS.

Is it possible to perform this CAN message transmission and datalogging features of this CANAnalyzer software without opening its GUI and using only LabVIEW 7.1 interface, so that I can send/receive messages using LabVIEW application? I need to send/receive the data when this COM functionality is invoked from LabVIEW. Is it possible to access the internal functions provided by this software using LabVIEW?

Can anyone please suggest me how to proceed in this?

Thanks in advance,
Krishna.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,273 Views)

Hi Kittama,

If Vector Informatik provides a Active X Interface it is very likely that we can control the Software, but i disbelieve they will provide such an interface.

Your first contact should be Vector Support.

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,264 Views)