Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a task with on MAX with NI 9862 ?

Hello,
I have a chassis cDAQ 9178 on it there is a NI 9862 module.
Using the hardware with DasyLab, the use of the CAN 9862 module requires the creation of a CAN XNET task on MAX.
I looked for MAX to create a CAN XNET task but I can not find anything.
Could someone help me?
Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,105 Views)

I'm very confused.  So when making a task in MAX you are actually making a DAQmx task.  Here you configure a DAQ channel to read or write various types of IO.  This doesn't apply to XNet hardware and there is no such thing as creating a task of CAN.

I'm not sure how up to date Dasylab is, but it might be an issue with the fact that Dasylab supports the older NI-CAN and not the NI-XNet.  If that is the case you need to be sure and install the compatibility layer software on XNet so that XNet CAN ports show up as NI-CAN ports for legacy support.  This allows for either XNet drivers, or NI-CAN drivers to control the hardware.

I'm not experience with Dasylab so I don't know if or how a CAN bus is integrated into it, but I assume the manual and Dasylab support is probably a good place to start.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,071 Views)

Hello,
First of all, thanks for your reply.
Then, I would like to add one thing, is that on DasyLab I have the choice among 3 modules: NI-CAN CA, NI-CAN FA and NI-CAN XNET.
When I try to use the CAN-CA or CAN-FA modules DasyLab tells me that it would be necessary to create a preliminary task on MAX.
But when it comes to CAN FA it does not ask me anything, the problem is when I try to execute this program it tells me that there is no CAN card with which it will communicate. So I wonder if there was a way to make the DasyLab CAN FA module compatible with my 9862 module?
Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,056 Views)

Hi,

Please check your original message in the DASYLab board -- we figured out that DASYLab has the ability to create the "task" that it needs internally, not through NI MAX. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,051 Views)

Ok, thank you very much CJ.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,035 Views)