From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How about Remote a Frame?

I had a question! I need to use Ni_CAN card to remote a physical node!
Q1: I need use CAN_Network_Interface_Object or CAN_Object to Remote?
Q2: May I use What NC_ATTR_COMM_TYPE?
Q3: When a physical node responsed a Frame. Where can I read it's responsed Frame?

PS. I'm developed in BCB++.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,165 Views)
Hello,

The NI-CAN driver allows remote frames. I'll assume that you are working with our latest driver, v2.1.3. The manual for this driver can be found here.

Page 11-23 details a few types of NC_ATTR_COMM_TYPE that are applicable for remote frames and using them with CAN Objects. Depending on what you want to do, you can transmit a remote frame periodically and then read the response back using ncRead on that same CAN Object (NC_CAN_COMM_RX_PERIODIC), or you can transmit
your remote frames by calling ncWrite with mode NC_CAN_COMM_RX_BY_CALL.

You can use either network interface objects to transmit remote frames at will or you can use CAN Objects with the modes above to transmit remote frames periodi
cally, it really depends on your desired result which one would be best. See also page 9-7 for more information about remote frames in general.

Hope this helps.

Scott B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,165 Views)