Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First-chance exception in .... (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation. First-chance exception in ... (KERNEL32.DLL): 0xC06D007E: Module Not Found.

Hi,

My setup:

Windows XP
Visual C++ 6.0 (without any service packs)
NI-DNET v. 1.4.2

When I run my application I get the following errors in the debug output window:

First-chance exception in App.exe (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation.
First-chance exception in App.exe (KERNEL32.DLL): 0xC06D007E: Module Not Found.

I turned on "Stop Always" for that both exceptions and I traced the stack down to a module called "NICANTSK". It did not come from any of the API calls I make in my application.

What can be the problem?

Thanks,

Olav Haugan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(30,694 Views)

Hi Olav,

You might need to install the latest service pack for Visual C++ (SP5 I think).  I know that our Measurement Studio software requires at least Service Pack 3, and our NI-DNET driver might as well.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(30,675 Views)
Hi Michael,

I tried using Visual Studio .NET 7.0 and I got the same result. Same two errors as with VC++ 6.0

Olav Haugan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(30,666 Views)

Hi Olav,

It looks like R&D was able to reproduce this error.  The informed me that they are looking into a fix for this.  I will post here with any updates on this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(30,629 Views)
Similiar to this post. 

I'm using Win NT & Win NT Server, LabVIEW 7, Windows NT SP6a. 

I'm making datasocket calls to a computer and when I try to expand the Datasocket file there are no items present and I randomly (not always) get a Dr. Watson for NT application error access violation 0x0000005 address 0x7801036b.  Any fixes? 

Thanks.

--claudia
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(30,562 Views)
Hi, Claudia.

Although I haven't encountered that particular error before, removing and reinstalling the DataSocket dll is likely to fix the problem.

1. Locate nids.dll in the Windows system folder and write down the path.

2. Uninstall by selecting Start»Run and enter:
    regsvr32 -u c:\windows\system32\nids.dll 
    (Use the path valid on your computer.)

3. Reinstall nids.dll by reinstalling either the LabVIEW Run-Time engine or LabVIEW itself.

4. Select Start»Run and enter the following:
    regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\nids.dll
Let me know how this works for you.
Sarah K.
Search PME
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(30,496 Views)
Just to clarify: Error 0xC0000005 (Access Violation) is a very generic error and is application specific. Therefore, Sarah K.'s response only affects the error specific to DataSocket. R&D has not found a solution for the initially posted problem with the NI-DNET driver software.

-B2k

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(30,491 Views)
Is there any progress in fixing this problem?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(29,431 Views)
Hi Olav,

R&D is working on a solution to this issue and should have some information for you sometime Monday.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(29,361 Views)

Hi Haugan,

It seems that this violation error is caused by driver part which is not loadable into a debug EXE project. Right now we try to figure out which part it is, but because this is only a problem for debug process and does not avoid your application from RUN, we will not provide a fix right now.

You can expect a Fix with the new 2.4 driver comming later this year.

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(29,287 Views)