From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error at GET_DAQ_LIST_INFO

Hello,

I am trying to use the M&C tool kit to communicate with a Netburner CB34 which in turn is connected to an ECU, the Netburner essentially takes care of the proprietary communication protocol the ECU has. I am using XCP:TCP to communicate with the Netburner, the issue comes during the connection phase, I have attached the NI CCP/XCP spy output, the issue seems to be the GET_DAQ_LIST_INFO command, Labview is sending this same command twice. I have looked at the actual TCP traffic using Wireshark and found that the Netburner is responding with the same data to both GET_DAQ_LIST_INFO requests, which the CCP/XCP Spy program is not showing the second response, The Netburner then issues a disconnect that is also not shown in the CCP/XCP Spy output, the other data after, mainly SYNCH messages are seen.

Does anyone know if the behavior observed above is normal, I am not sure if the data returned from the Netburner is prompting Labview to make the second GET_DAQ_LIST_INFO call or whether this is an error in the way I have lined up and configured the functions or if there is another problem. Any advice gratefully received.

Labview 2013

M&C Tool kit version 2.3.1

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,593 Views)

Hi Bodger1968,

In order for me to debug your code it would be helpful if you could attach the vi as this will help me step through certain elements and see where problems may be arising.

Kind regards

Ingram

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,578 Views)

Hi there,

I've had a look and it appears you are advised not to used "start DAQ list" after transmitting the DAQ list to the ECU. Perhaps this could be the source of your problem?

Thanks

Ingram Weeks

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,524 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for the response and sorry for the tardy reply, travel without email access.

I have tried removing the start and stop daq list functions with no success, I have also tried varying the order in which the functions are called, again with no success.

I have attached the vi I am using below, I hope you have an a2l file you can use for testing because I am unable to provide one without approval.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,488 Views)

Hi there,

Sorry to hear switching the order of commands didn't help with your problem. Are you still having issues with this application?

Thanks

Ingram

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,361 Views)

Hello,

Yes I still have the same problem, for the immediate job I was preparing for I had to use some different equipment.

I would still like to get this working as there are several advantages using this equipment and although I don't have an immediate need I am sure I will need it in the not to distant future.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,355 Views)

Hi Bodger,

Sorry for the delay - is there any way we can configure the Netburner differently? It's been checked with the NI CCP/XCP that data is only being sent from LabVIEW once. Is there another way we can check the communication between the Netburner and LabVIEW?

Ingram

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,191 Views)

Ingram,

I have a wireshark netwrk trace file showing the behavour, I couldn't attach it to the forum because of the file type, if you have an email address or file sharing facility I can send you the file and highlight the error of concern.

Thanks Wayne

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,181 Views)

Hi Wayne,

Can I ask whether you have created this vi yourself?

Maybe there is a simpler vi you can implement in order to verify the communication.

Ingram

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,067 Views)