Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 8701 - Close Message table.vi in NI CAN

Hello,

I wrote a program that reads the CAN data from sensor using NI CAN frame API. Then I used Frame to Channel Conversation API to converts the raw data into actual physical values using a database file. The code works well but the only problem is when I press the stop button to exit while loop Labview shows

"error 8701 at Close Message Table.vi occured 

Possible reasons: The table handle you have passed is invalid. the table handles must first be created by create message table.vi "

I did it in same way but then also I have this error. Can anyone help me????

Please see the snapshot.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,729 Views)

It is possible, that this is no LabVIEW error. Have you tried your program with another computer?

Error 8701:
This error code is undefined. Undefined errors might occur for a number of reasons. For example, no one has provided a description for the code, or you might have wired a number that is not an error code to the error code input.
Additionally, undefined error codes might occur because the error relates to a third-party object, such as the operating system or ActiveX. For these third-party errors, you might be able to obtain a description of the error by searching the Web for the error code (8701) or for its hexadecimal representation (0x000021FD).

Greetings, Lisl

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,627 Views)

Hi Lisl,

Thanks for the reply. I solved the problem. The error occured because I created one message table and closed it twice.

regards,

swap

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,620 Views)