Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECU Toolkit - Change x-axis values of characteristic

Hello all,

I would like to ask for help with ECU toolkit. I establish communication with ECU (CCP), send in and out characteristics/measurements. Now I need to send special type of characteristic - Curve (1D). I use MC Characteristic Write.vi to change Z-values and MC Set Property.vi (Char X axis) to change X-axis values. As you can see on the picture, Z-values are changed, but X-axis values are not changed by this way (second column).

Does anybody know what is the problem or how to change x-axis values?

Thanks.

front panel

block.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,607 Views)

Hello Petr,

this depends strongly on what the ECU supports. The Characteristics (i.e. the Z axis) is always changeable, that's why it is a characteristics.

The corresponding axis might be fixed (i.e. be a simple array of fixed values), then the axis is read-only and you can't change it. However there are cases where the axis values can be written on the ECU... then the SetProperty(X-Axis) should work. There are also cases where the axis is not settable as axis, but there exists a different characteristics which contains the axis values, and this one is changeable. It depends pretty much on what is implemented in the ECU.

You might want to contact the supplier of the ECU to clarify this issue.

Hope this helps,

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,597 Views)

The x-axis is read/write, I can change it in Asap2 Editor in INCA.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,592 Views)

If you change it in the ASAP2 editor, this means that the values are fixed in the A2L file and read in. They seem (correct me if I'm wrong) not to be changeable on the ECU itself, which is what the SetProp(X-Axis) would do. There is no chance to change the A2L file from the ECU MC Toolkit.... it is considered as given.

You might probably use an A2L (ASAP2) editor from a different vendor to achieve this for now.... but note that after a change of the A2L file, you'll have to close your ECU MC application and restart, as the A2L file is read only at ECU MC Open time (Database Open or ECU Open). As I mentioned above, the A2L file is considered as a fixed item by ECU MC, we do not expect to see online changes here.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,585 Views)

The x-values are not in a2l file. It is changeable in INCA sw and it is functional. Maybe there must be some higher priority to access the values, that Labview has not and INCA has. I started to solve it with system engineers.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,510 Views)