Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECU M&C Toolkit: Timeout error -301058 while running Multiple Measurement example

It appears that the issue lies within the driver for the 9853 and we have created two CARs to track the issue, 514438 and 524555. The developers are still looking into root casue at this time, but we are able to determine that a fix will require more effort than a simple patch. Accordingly, the fix will have to be introduced via a full release sometime in the future.

Jeff L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(2,117 Views)

So the NI 9853 cannot be used with M&C Toolkit or it only affects this example?

Lucian
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(2,098 Views)

The 9853 is not working properly in any of the Linux RT based cRIOs and therefore impact the use of both ECUMC and Automotive Diagnostics Command Set.

The toolkits do work on Linux RT targets with XNET modules like 9862 and 9860.

Jeff L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(2,086 Views)

We switched now to NI 9862 instead of NI 9853. Is it possible to run the 'Multiple Measurement' example with 9862? If yes, how?

Thanks!

Lucian
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(2,032 Views)

For the cRIO-906x and cRIO-903x families it is pretty straightforward. Simply save the Multiple Measurements example as a copy somewhere. Next create a blank LabVIEW project, add the cRIO target, and then add the Multiple Measurements example as a VI under the RT target. Add the 9862 c-Series module and it should work. 

cRIO_Config.PNG

Of course this assumes that you have formatted the target and installed EUCMC. The A2L file for the Multiple Measurements example will insall on the cRIO by default. I typically hard-code the A2L reference like so:

A2LReference.PNG

If you want to try a different A2L file, the A2L file will need to be FTP'd over to the cRIO.

If you are using a different model cRIO, the steps are mostly the same, however, you will have to compile a blank bitfile for the FPGA and start it before the 986x module can be recognized. This is a limitation of XNET and more information can be found on page 2-7 of the XNET manual.

Unfortunately, I do not believe the demo ECU shipping example will run on a RT target.

Jeff L
National Instruments
Message 15 of 16
(2,023 Views)

Both XCP and CCP examples are working with NI 9862: CCP/XCP Test ECU on 9068 and Multiple Measurement example on 9035. However, I could not see 9862 CAN interfaces on both cRIOs until I compiled and run an empty FPGA.

Thanks JefeL!

Lucian
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,994 Views)