Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have a J1939 Configuration file?

I am looking for the channel configuration database for the J1939 protocol that I can import into MAX.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,855 Views)
Hi,

At the moment, NI-CAN can import CANdb files (vector databases) and import/export NI-CAN database files.

The channel configuration can interpret extended arbitration IDs in J1939 format. The database gives me information on the arbitration ID of the messages and the channel format within each message. J1939 specifies the format of the arbitration IDs.

Hope this helps.

DiegoF
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,855 Views)
Yes, but does anyone have the Vector DB file?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,855 Views)
Hi,

I'm don't think I understand what you are looking for. The Database file is dependend of the application. There is no fixed CAN database file that fits all systems.

The CAN database only contains information on the Arb IDs and channels in a message. J1939 is a way to interpret the ArbIDs.

Could you give some more details of what you are looking for?

DiegoF
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,855 Views)
I have worked with Vector's CANalyzer in the past. When starting a ECM monitor session, I would open a channel configuration that I had setup for the J1939 protocol. But to do so, I had to associate a database file. I am looking for that J1939 database file. Doesn't it include all the messages and channels for J1939? That way I don't have to open the SAE handbook and hand enter all the byte and bit assignments. Then I can create a channel configuartion file in MAX to monitor the particular J1939 messages I need. I am looking for the J1939 database file.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,855 Views)