Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Didn't read properly & SPY didn't show ncWrite or ncRead inside Callback?

Hi, everyone,

I am using NI-SPY to monitor the CANbus with PCI-CAN card, SPY shows every API calls except inside the callback, during invoking callback function,it just say "Invoking ncCreateNotification...".

Does anyone tell me how to monitor all CAN APIs after invoking callback?

why we need this? because We have serious problem to debug our own CANobjects that wrap all CAN API calls.
It looks like that the receive side did not read properly after invoking callback, so the send side keeps sending frame.(infinit request)( sending message is Multiplexed data which coming from one commerial device).

Thanks a lot!

James
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,540 Views)
Hello, James.

NI-Spy logs every NI-CAN call, whether or not it's in a callback function. Initially, my thought is that perhaps your ncWrite or other NI-CAN calls that are being made inside your callback are prevented from executing by program flow (if clauses, etc). Double check that you should definitely be getting the ncXXX call, maybe even put it alone in the function to just to "sanity check" your debugging process.

If for some reason you do not see the ncXXX calls inside the callback and you know for certain that they should be executing, please post your NI-CAN driver version number.

Scott B.
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,540 Views)
Sorry, late for reply, the problem is still there.
NI-SPY couldn't catch any ncXXX in callback function.

the callback is running for sure, coz we can get data from the device(ncRead in callback), so it was not blocked at all.

any spy setting issue? or other tools available to do this job?

the CAN driver version no. is: 2.1.1.12289

Thanks for your help!!!
James
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,540 Views)