Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Definitions of ADCS error codes?

Greetings all! I'm working on implementing the Diagnostics Custom Device for Veristand (thanks to the very capable Dan Eaton!), but I've run into an issue when running the built version that I can't seem to fix. The problem is that when I attempt to read any DID, I get no data out of the UDS ReadDataByIdentifier VI and I see a "-8260 ISOTP Receive" error.

I can't seem to find a source that lists the definition of this or any other ADCS error code, can anyone help me out here?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,708 Views)

Hi ElectricWraith,

Do you have LabVIEW and ADCS installed in addition to VeriStand? If so, you can use the Explain Error feature (Help->Explain Error) in LabVIEW to look up the meaning of any error codes. Here's the output for error -8620:

Picture1.png

Regards,

Ryan K.
Product Manager, ATCA and BEEcube
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,688 Views)

I have LV installed on the problem target, but I only have the ADCS driver installed, not the full toolkit. I can't probe the error terminal directly since it's contained in a Custom Device running on the RT target, I'm using Syslog to both log the custom strings I create (in this case it's the error source string coming out of the Diagnostic Service VI) and transmit them to the host-side VI I'm using for testing/debugging.

What's odd is that I don't see that reason text in the error source string, and I've got no idea why. I was hoping to find a comprehensive listing of the possible error code the ADCS generates.

Thanks for the info.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,670 Views)

The comprehensive list of possible error codes is installed with the ADCS LabVIEW toolkit in the shared errors folder.

<Program Files <x86>\National Instruments\Shared\Errors\English

For ADCS the error text file is nidiagcs-errors.txt, which I have attached to this post as well.

Not sure why the error on the target isn't pulling the error descriptions in.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,760 Views)

Alright, I did a little more digging and looked into the error files stored on the target. For the pharlap target that I'm using as an example the error definitions are stored in /ni-rt/system/errors/english. These error files are stored as a .err filetype but they are just XML.

I did a comparison of the "nivstand.err" file on the target with the "NI VeriStand-errors.txt" on my host PC and the files are exactly the same. You might be able to rename nidiagcs-errors.txt to nidiagcs.err and FTP it to the target as a hack.

This might be a bug that installing ADCS to the target isn't copying over the .err file.

Cheers,

Joel

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,758 Views)