From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISPLAY_IDENTIFIER parameter in a2l file

I am trying to access the DISPLAY_IDENTIFIER optional parameter for measurements and calibrations in an a2l file.  I have the NI ECU Measurement and Calibration toolkit, but can't find a way to access this parameter.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,996 Views)

Is DISPLAY_IDENTIFIER a parameter of the A2L? Did you try any of the examples?  Open the Example Finder and search for Multiple Measurements.vi.  It can also be found by browsing under Toolkits and Modules.  Enter your A2L along with the interface information and have your signal name in the list to measure.  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,993 Views)

To be more specific, for my application I only need to read/parse the A2L file to display the measurement/calibrations and some of their properties to the user.  Using the Advanced Database Functions can open the database, and select an ECU, then with the Get Names and Get Properties vi's I am accessing the properties of the measurements and calibrations.  These vis make seem to make available (among others) the name and LongIdentifier(comment) fields, however I also need to access the DISPLAY_IDENTIFIER.  Below is an example characteristic.

/begin CHARACTERISTIC KKNDRTI
    "Description of the item is here"
    VALUE
    0x00020000
    RecLayout_Scalar_SW
    compMethod5
    -4096.0 4095.875
    DISPLAY_IDENTIFIER KnockThreshold
/end CHARACTERISTIC

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,988 Views)

Ahh, I see.  Well if all you care about is that parameter are you able to parse the A2L yourself after getting the list of names?  Say get a list of the names and then in a for loop look for the DISPLAY_IDENTIFIER value for each name.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,986 Views)