Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conformance Test V2.0.2 and PCI-CAN series 2 driver 2.3.2

I have problems with CanOpen Conformance Test and a board PCI-CAN series 2 (Driver 2.3.2).
the install of this is OK. But the Conformance test software does not work.
CanOpen in automation says to me that i must use the NiCan Driver 1.6.
But yet i can't install the PCI-CAN with the version 1.6.
Is it possible to use the version 1.6 with PCI-CAN SERIE 2?

thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,343 Views)

Hi max,

unfortunately it is up to CiA to update the test software to support the newer software and hardware, because they own it. Right now the package only supports 1.6 and 1.6 supports only series 1 hardware.  We from NI have no chance to update the software by ourself.

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,327 Views)

Hi max,

A mimimum version of NI-CAN 2.1.1 is required for using series 2 CAN hardware. You must use NI-CAN version 2.2 if possible.

Is there a previous driver installed?

Regards.

Omar S. NI

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,312 Views)
Hi max 123456,

If you don’t need the Series 2 features and the second port of your PCI-CAN card, get the PCI-DNET card instead. NI-CAN 1.6 will detect the PCI-DNET card as a 1-port high-speed CAN card. Other that the different connector (the PCI-DNET card connects to the CAN bus via a 5-pin COMBICON connector instead of the DB-9) the PCI-DNET card work just like a Series 1 high-speed PCI-CAN card (1-port).

-B2k

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,298 Views)
thanks for your answers.
Driver 2.1.1 and 2.2 don't work.
For the PCI-DNET : is the same driver ? The conformance Test Suite use a COTI.DLL which use NI DLLs, and the PCI-DNET isn't in the list of the supported boards. I must have the same driver (Dll) that PCI-CAN 1.6. 
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,265 Views)
Hi max 123456,

Yes, the PCI-DNET card will be detected (and work) as a 1-port PCI-CAN card with the NI-CAN driver version 1.6.

-B2k
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,258 Views)