Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring the timing registers

I need to generate a burst rate of 30 frames back to back with a 3 bit gap in between. I am using a baud rate of 500 kBaud.

To do this, I think I need to configure the baud rate using the timing registers. I noticed that in Measument & Automation Explorer I can adjust the parameters: prescalar, jump width, time before/after sample and sampling mode and view their effect on the registers. I have been unable to find out what these parameters are for or how I should use them to solve my problem. Can these parameters be used to set the gap to 3 bits?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,566 Views)
Hey Scottw,

There is a really good document on Philips website that goes into detailed information about these settings. Here is the link.

http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/acrobat/applicationnotes/AN97046.pdf

I hope this helps out.

JoshuaP
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,566 Views)
To generate a burst you can download the 30 frames to the board first, before you start the communication.
Therfore use the communication parameter "Start on open" with "false", then call the "nc write net " to download the frames, and run then the "nc action " with "start can network interface "parameter to start the burst.
500 Kb is a standart baud rate parameter. So you do not have to figure out the advanced settings.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,566 Views)